Marketing with Google:
The core elements
Google offers numerous ways for companies to profit from its services. Marketing activities with the search engine work either directly via the advertising tools offered or indirectly through the strategic use of the search algorithm. The two most important elements in marketing with Google are:
- Search Engine Advertising (SEA)
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
SEA: Purchased ads on Google
Search Engine Advertising (SEA) is advertising on the results pages of search engines. These are text or product ads that are displayed at the top of a Google search, for example. Here, the ads are clearly visible and are also marked as paid, which is, however, perceived neutrally by the majority of users and leads to comparably high click rates. The ad placement works via keywords that trigger an automated auction in the case of a matching search query. In this auction, all advertisers with the corresponding keyword compete for the first place in the list.
What are the advantages of SEA?
- no waiting time: Search engine advertising shows immediate results. As soon as the campaign is set up and the ads are created, the target group can be addressed. SEA is particularly important for the launch of a company or a new campaign. This way, the first sales can be achieved directly after the ad has gone online.
- Precise targeting: The scattering loss that other advertising strategies entail is enormously reduced with professional advertising on Google. The target group can be addressed very precisely by means of suitable keywords and other fine-tuned setting options.
- Simple measurability: With the help of the advertising platforms themselves and with web analysis tools such as Google Analytics, the most important KPIs can be read out very easily. One of the most important is the number of conversions. This can be the sign-ups for the newsletter, the classic product purchase or something comparable. This also results in the second KPI, the conversion rate. For this, the number of conversions is divided by the number of clicks. The time spent on the page linked to in the ad is also an important indicator.
- Good budget planning: The costs and benefits of SEA campaigns can be easily and accurately planned. If the pre-determined budget for auctions is used up, no more ads will be placed. There are no hidden costs here. Although the ad price is subject to fluctuations due to the auction system, the average price per click or conversion is clearly visible. Payment for the ad is usually per click.
- Flexibility: If the situation in the company or in the world changes at once, the current campaign can be adjusted immediately. It is therefore possible to flexibly change the budget for certain keywords or regions, add new keywords and delete others, as well as pause or resume the entire campaign.
- automation options: Especially with an extensive product range and trend-dependent articles, there is no way around automated campaign control. On the basis of extensive product data, suitable keywords can be automatically assigned and predefined campaign patterns can be set up and started. However, manual monitoring of the processes and manual correction of keywords and ad texts is still necessary.
What does SEA depend on?
- clear target group definition Every successful ad starts with the exact outline of the respective target group. Especially in SEA campaigns, it is of great importance to have a very detailed picture of the potential customer. If their habits and specific characteristics are known precisely, it is possible to achieve a great effect with little financial investment.
- . attractive ad design First and foremost, of course, the ad must appeal to the target group. However, it is also important that ad texts, keywords and landing pages are optimally coordinated.
- precise targeting Targeting is about addressing the potential clientele as precisely as possible through various factors. In addition to keywords, various SEA tools offer a whole range of targeting options. For example, it is possible to specify the language for which the ad is to appear, the region or radius in which it is to take place, the age and gender of the recipient, and the days and times at which the ad is to be seen. A distinction can also be made between desktop and mobile websites. Targeting Android or iOS users is also possible.
- Comprehensive landing page analysis A landing page is first of all the target website of the link in the ad. The landing page is tailored precisely to the advertising campaign and should lead to leads and conversions if possible. Structurally, the landing page is often separated from the actual website and can only be reached via the link of the advertisement, so that the metrics of the landing page are not distorted by other visits. This has the additional advantage of targeted optimisation, which often involves call-to-action prompts. A/B testing is also simplified in this way. Here, two website designs compete against each other to find out which one appeals to more users and leads to more conversions. The goal is to increase the rate of conversions.
SEO: more success through organic visibility
Unlike SEA, search engine optimisation does not focus on paid content. Instead, the goal here is to optimise the content of a website so that it appears as high up as possible in Google's search results for certain keywords. It is thus a matter of keeping one's own content as relevant as possible and thus becoming the best place to go for a particular keyword.
Optimisation possibilities for content
The possibilities to reach the top of the rankings can be roughly divided into onpage and offpage optimisations. Onpage optimisations include all measures that take place directly on the website. This includes the content orientation of the content to certain keywords and thus the text relevance, but also headings, paragraphs, formatting, link structure, responsive web design and many other factors. Offpage optimisations, on the other hand, take place on other websites and usually aim to generate as many backlinks as possible to one's own homepage. Sometimes only small changes are sufficient for onpage and offpage optimisations, which lead to a sustainable improvement of the search engine ranking.
Your site could use more visibility?
Google ads and search engine optimisation are important ingredients for your success. We can start directly with a campaign! To get started, we need some information. Afterwards, we will get back to you and give your brand a Google boost without a long wait!
„Als junges Start-Up für ergonomische Büromöbel sind wir absolut in Love mit der individuellen Unterstützung von Echte Liebe! Transparenz wird bei uns großgeschrieben, und daher gewähren wir auch dem Team der Agentur gerne umfassenden Einblick in all unsere Unternehmensprozesse. Und das zahlt sich aus: Binnen kürzester Zeit konnten wir schon Erfolge dank der neuen, auf uns und unsere Bedürfnisse maßgeschneiderten Marketing-Kampagnen verzeichnen, und freuen uns über das stetig weiter wachsende Wissen, dass das Team von Echte Liebe mit uns teilt und uns somit nicht nur in Sachen Online-Marketing voranbringt: Dass die Tipps und Ideen hier wirklich von Herzen kommen, merkt man direkt!“
Leonard Beck, Geschäftsführung, Standsome by Friedrich & Patriz Möbel UG
In Zusammenarbeit mit Echte Liebe konnte ein nachhaltiges, datengetriebenes Marketing etabliert werden. Wir haben gemeinsam unternehmensindividuelle KPI erarbeitet und eine nachweisbar höhere Zielgruppendurchdringung über unterschiedlichste Marken erreichen können.
Larisa Zaimovic, Head of Digital Management,
Pernod Ricard Deutschland GmbH
Echte Liebe - der Name ist Programm. Bereits seit mehreren Jahren vertrauen wir dem
Team und sind mit Beratung, Betreuung und Konzeption mehr als zufrieden.
Vielen Dank für die sehr gute Zusammenarbeit, wir freuen uns auf viele weitere Kampagnen mit euch.
Johannes Grandmontagne, Teamleiter Online Marketing, Berge & Meer Touristik GmbH:
"Eine bodenständige Agentur aus der eine „echte Liebe“ entstehen kann.
Wir sind über die partnerschaftliche Betreuung sehr zufrieden und
mit dem Team der Echten Liebe entwickeln wir uns mit großen Schritten ständig weiter.
Vielen Dank für euer Engagement und die sehr gute Betreuung & Beratung"
Kouscha Arzideh, Senior Manager Digital & Media Germany & Group, Eckes Granini Deutschland GmbH: